First Look for Charity is the premiere gala event of the winter and what makes it even more special is that its proceeds are donated to 18 charities in the Chicago area. I have been to the event in the past and have truly enjoyed it!
Thursday, January 11th I attended the preview event. It was held at the Chicago downtown McGrath Acura dealership. There were about 100 people in attendance, from reporters, publishers, bloggers and social media influencers. All gathered to sample scrumptious bites from a handful of highly-acclaimed, Chicago-based chefs as well as hear a bit music from the various featured entertainment. This year’s event will be held on Friday, February 9th 7:00-11:00PM at the Mc Cormick Place-2301 S King Drive.
Some of the delicious bites we were able to dine on are below 🙂
First Look for Charity Quick Facts by the Numbers 2017 (Courtesy of ABC7 Chicago)
- First Look for Charity is recognized as Chicago’s single largest one-day fundraiser, bringing in nearly $45 million for local charities since its inception in 1992
- 2017 marks the 26th edition of First Look for Charity
- 18 Chicago area charities will benefit from more than $2 million expected to be raised during this year’s black-tie gala
- Benefactors in attendance have the chance to win a 2018 Ford Expedition or Mustang
- Special musical entertainment will be prevalent throughout the show floor
- In addition to the car giveaways, attendees have the chance to win prizes throughout the evening by tagging their social media event photos with #FLFC18
- 400 Banquet staff and 140 Chefs will work the floor for First Look for Charity
- 180 volunteers will prepare and serve 66,000 morsels of food from 23 different local restaurants and caterers
- In total, guests will enjoy over 140,000 food samples served by 1,100 local hospitality experts
- 60 beverage stations, with over 125 beverage lines, will be serving up champagne, local craft and domestic beer, six varietals of wine, assorted Coca-Cola products, coffee and espresso drinks, and 8 flavors of hot tea
- 1,462 gallons of beer (650 cases)
- 681 gallons of wine in six varietals (285 cases)
- 203 gallons of champagne (85 cases)
- Four Signature cocktails will be served, featuring Menage a Trois Vodka, Sugar Island Rum, Tres Agaves Tequila, and Woodford Reserve
- There will be 40 food stations serving 78 different menu items
- Menu items will be clearly marked as vegetarian, gluten free, and peanut free
Please visit http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/first-look-for-charity/ to purchase tickets!